Disability services, Employment for people with disabilities

Autism Spectrum Disorder: One Mom's Perspective

Allow me to introduce Tina Hunter. Tina is a registered nurse, the mother of two boys, has one daughter-in-law, and is awaiting the arrival of her first grandbaby in a few short months! Tina sounds like a lot of women I know. She's got a family, a job, and life is moving right along. Her youngest son, Jonah, is a wonderful young man we serve through programs at JCDC. I had the privilege of working closely with Jonah for an online fundraiser auction last October. That experience is on Facebook for anyone's viewing pleasure as a video on the JCDC Facebook page: www.facebook.com/jcdcwv. Below, I have listed the question I asked Tina in purple, then, in color, my brief "topic" descriptor (note,

Thoughts on ASD and current events; Please read.

This is article was written by Kaytie Fulks. Kaytie has a brother on the Autism spectrum as well as a son with Autism Spectrum Disorder (*ASD). #ASDCOVID19, #MomsPointofview, #ASDsupport Corona related?🦠 No.You need a break from that. 🌍 It feels like everyone's world right now is at a stand still.Like a weird and strange unknown. What is to come?How long will this last? What do we do? What CAN we do? With that being said --> Did you know: Most need routine and structure but that isn't always the case. It is for us. There is a chance that children with ASD* will resort to self-harm. My son is one of them. 🤕 Around 40% are considered nonverbal.. but then the other 60% can talk your ear off!

Now You Can Blog from Everywhere!

We’ve made it quick and convenient for you to manage your blog from anywhere. In this blog post we’ll share the ways you can post to your Wix Blog. Blogging from Your Wix Blog Dashboard On the dashboard, you have everything you need to manage your blog in one place. You can create new posts, set categories and more. To head to your Dashboard, open the Wix Editor and click on Blog > Posts. Blogging from Your Published Site Did you know that you can blog right from your published website? After you publish your site, go to your website’s URL and login with your Wix account. There you can write and edit posts, manage comments, pin posts and more! Just click on the 3 dot icon ( ⠇) to see all the

Design a Stunning Blog

When it comes to design, the Wix blog has everything you need to create beautiful posts that will grab your reader's attention. Check out our essential design features. Choose from 8 stunning layouts Your Wix Blog comes with 8 beautiful layouts. From your blog's settings, choose the layout that’s right for you. For example, a tiled layout is popular for helping visitors discover more posts that interest them. Or, choose a classic single column layout that lets readers scroll down and see your post topics one by one. Every layout comes with the latest social features built in. Readers can easily share posts on social networks like Facebook and Twitter and view how many people have liked a pos

Grow Your Blog Community

With Wix Blog, you’re not only sharing your voice with the world, you can also grow an active online community. That’s why the Wix blog comes with a built-in members area - so that readers can easily sign easily up to become members of your blog. What can members do? Members can follow each other, write and reply to comments and receive blog notifications. Each member gets their own personal profile page that they can customize. Tip: You can make any member of your blog a writer so they can write posts for your blog. Adding multiple writers is a great way to grow your content and keep it fresh and diversified. Here’s how to do it: Head to your Member’s Page Search for the member you want to

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Jackscon County Developmental Center, Inc. Website Proudly created with Wix.com

Phone:

304-273-9311

Fax:

304-273-5131

Address

270 Jack Burlingame Dr.

Millwood, WV  25262

Socialize with us

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now